When A Collision Happens:
- Take a deep breath, try to relax and check to make sure everyone involved is all right. In case of injuries, call 911.
- Never leave the scene until matters are settled.
- Only move your vehicle if the position puts you in danger, or you are instructed to do so by a Police Officer.
- Give only the necessary and requested information to Police and other parties involved in the accident. This will guard you against post-accident legal action.
- If your vehicle has to be towed, find out where it will be taken and the name and number of the towing service that will be handling it.
- Remove all valuables, insurance information, and registration from the vehicle before having it towed.
- If possible, call your insurance company from the scene of the accident so they can walk you through the information they will need for their purposes. If an accident report is needed, copies are available from the Police Department.
- Choose a reputable repair facility, such as Ed Rinke Chevrolet Certified Service Auto Body Center.
- Read the estimate carefully, making sure you understand the work to be done.